Monday, July 8, 2019

Weekly Review

I hope everyone had a good week last week!  Ours was full of super hot weather and some torrential rain.  But there was a holiday in there so an extra day off work and I was able to get back to working out.  So overall a pretty good week for me :)  Here are the details.

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday - 35 minutes on the elliptical to test out my back.  Yay, no pain!  We also had more plumbing issues and had to get another last minute hotel room :(  The plumber had warned us last time that he wasn't fully equipped to take care of the problem and we would have to have someone else in but we thought we could put it off longer.  I guess not.  Thankfully I was able to find a cheap hotel room that was literally walking distance from my office so that helped with the commute the next morning.  But we did have to drive through torrential rain to get to the hotel.


Wednesday - Rest day and another plumber was able to come by the house and fix things.  Mike talked to him and he felt that it was very clear this plumber had better equipment and that this was more than just a temporary fix.

Thursday - 45 minute run.  Yay for a day off work!  After my run, we had a pretty lazy day.  We made lunch (tempeh sloppy joes from Sun Basket), napped with kitties, and then went to see movies.  Our only goal was pretty much to hide from the crowds and the bad weather so we decided to make it a double feature.  We watched Toy Story 4, ate dinner at a brewery across the street, and then went back to the theater to watch Spider Man.  We enjoyed both movies and the dinner was pretty good too.  They had a rice bowl that's usually topped with meat but I was able to get them to put a black bean burger on it instead and it happened to be vegan.


Friday - Rest day.  I was working from home so that helped with the transition to another work day right before the weekend.

Saturday - 60 minute run.  It was hot and humid and sunny but I was just happy to be out there again without any pain.  We also had a bit of a scare with Shelby.  She was acting really lethargic and she wouldn't even get up for food, which is pretty unusual.  So we watched her carefully but thankfully she was back to her normal self by the next morning.  I guess she just wanted a lazy day too!


Sunday - 4 miles. All my runs have been at an easy pace since I'm not training for anything.  And it was a couple degrees cooler and back to being overcast this morning so that helped.  It rained again later in the day but I managed to just get a few droplets and nothing else.


So that was last week.  Thankfully all the runs went well.  I still had plenty of rest days in the week and didn't add in any strength training as I wanted to make sure my back was ok.  I think I'm going to get back to strength training this week.  Here's the plan.

Monday - Strength training
Tuesday - Treadmill
Wednesday - Rest day
Thursday - 3 mile run
Friday - Strength training
Saturday - Easy run
Sunday - Easy run

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment