Monday, August 12, 2019

Richmond Half Marathon - training week 4

Yay, I finally got all my runs in this week!  It was a pretty good week overall so here are the details.

Monday - Planned rest day

Tuesday - 3.5 easy miles before work.


Wednesday - Unplanned rest day (but I made up the strength training later in the week)

Thursday - Strength training (Squats, Lunges, crunches, oblique crunches, glute bridges, clamshells, push ups, planks, supermans, calf raises - 3 rounds) and a 30 minute evening walk

Sunset during my walk

Friday - Speed work - 1 mile warm up, 4x 2 minutes with 2 minute recovery, 4x 100meters with 100 meter recovery, 1/2 mile cool down.  It's been a while since I've done speed work since I hadn't really been training for anything.  I enjoyed this one and hit my paces!


We went to the Kennedy Center in the evening to see Dear Evan Hansen.  It was a good musical, but it's a small cast and it seems to really ride on the charisma of the main actor.  We had an alternate the day we saw it and he was good, but we didn't think he was good enough to quite carry the show.


Saturday - 3.5 easy miles.  I met up with a friend for this one and we tried a new route that was close to a local shopping center.  There was plentiful parking and Starbucks once we were done.  The route itself was a nice paved trail that went around a couple small lakes.  It was really pretty, had some small hills, and had lots of shade.  It was a little rough in places and I did trip on a crack and fall at one point.  But I didn't hurt myself too bad, just a bruised knee, and we were able to finish the run.  We both felt like we would run at this location again.



Mike and I also tried out a new restaurant in our town for lunch and it was delicious!  I had a butternut squash gnocchi and Mike has a seafood risotto and we were both delighted with our food.  Plus we got a seat out on the patio and were able to enjoy the nice weather since it wasn't too hot that day.


Sunday - 4 easy miles in the neighborhood plus yoga and ab work in the evening.  I didn't do more strength training because my knee had started hurting from the fall on Saturday.



And I did get my meal prep done for the week again!  I'm pretty happy that I've been able to keep this going for the third week in a row :)  It's beginning to feel just like a normal part of my routine and not such a pain on Sundays.

So that was my week.  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - Speed work (1 mile easy, 6x 2 minutes, 4x 100 meters, .5 mile cool down)
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - 4 miles
Friday - Strength Training
Saturday - 5 miles
Sunday - 8 miles (3 miles easy, 2 miles marathon pace, 2 miles half marathon pace, 1 mile easy)

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment