Monday, August 19, 2019

Richmond Half Marathon - training week 5

I got in all my planned work outs this week!  That makes last week a pretty good week in my mind :)  There were some other fun things too.  Here are the details for the week.

Monday - Planned rest day

Tuesday - Speed work (1 mile warm up, 6x 2 minutes, 4x 100 meters, .5 mile cool down).  I hit the paces that I was going for.


Wednesday - strength training at home


Thursday - 4 easy miles (ended up being 3.83 miles since I ran out of time)


Friday - strength training, same routine as Wednesday

Saturday - 5 easy miles (again, a little short because I ran out of time)


We also had plans to go out to dinner and see a Cirque Du Soleil show to celebrate Mike's birthday.  Dinner was great but sadly the show was stopped and cancelled after 10 minutes because there was lightning in the area.  We were disappointed but definitely understand since it's not safe for the performers.  They refunded our money and hopefully we'll be able to see the show some other time.


Sunday - 7.5 miles (3 miles easy, 2 miles marathon pace, 2 miles half marathon pace, .5 mile cool down).  I decided not to shoot for specific paces since it was so hot.  The temperature plus dew point was more than 150 so I was just trying to do it by feel.  Plus, I knew the 2nd mile of each interval would be uphill.  I pushed as much as I could and I was happy with that.  It helped that I did this run with a friend and we spent some time afterward catching up at Starbucks :)



So that was my week.  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - 3.5 easy miles
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - Speed work (1 mile easy, 8x 2 minutes, 4x 100 meters, .5 mile cool down)
Friday - Strength Training
Saturday - 4 miles
Sunday - 8 miles

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment