Monday, September 16, 2019

Richmond Half Marathon, Trailing Weeks 7, 8 and 9

I'm back!  We had a great time on vacation but it was also really tiring.  We actually got back home mid week last week but all my energy was being used trying to get back into the swing of things at work.  This is my first full week back so trying to get back to the normal routine of life.  I'll definitely be posting details on my trip to Italy and Greece but for now, here's a training recap.  There wasn't much training while I was gone, though there was a ton of walking.  I've been giving myself some extra rest since I got back because I've unfortunately been experiencing some foot pain (maybe from all the walking on uneven surfaces?) and since it feels similar to how my foot felt around the beginning of the peroneal tendinitis, I'm being conservative.  I'm hoping to nip it in the bud.

Week of August 26th

Monday - Strength training

Tuesday - Speed work - warm up, 5 x 3 minutes, 4 x 100 meters, cool down.


Wednesday - 3 easy miles in the morning before spending a half day at work and then leaving for the airport.


Thursday - Planned rest day since we landed in Italy in the evening.  We still had 12,116 steps of walking around Rome in the evening.

The Spanish Steps

Friday - 27,326 steps

The Vatican

Saturday - 28, 514 steps

Sunset while walking across the Tiber River

Sunday - Morning run in Rome and heading to the port to board our cruise.


Week of September 2nd

Monday - 3 miles around the track on the ship (no Garmin since the data would have been off due to the ship moving)

The track on the ship

Tuesday - 10,603 steps walking around Santorini


Wednesday - The ship couldn't make Mykonos due to the wind so treadmill and weights in the ship's gym

View from the gym

Thursday - 14,828 steps walking around Athens


Friday - 13,210 steps walking around the ancient Olympics site


Saturday - rest day with only 6,508 steps around the ship.  I did manage to get in some laps in the pool before it got too crowded since we woke up early.

Sunday - 17,910 steps walking back around Rome


Week of September 9th

Monday - 20,031 steps on one last exploration in Rome before getting on the plane

Hadrian's Tomb


Tuesday- Driving back home and back to work in the afternoon.  All rest days until Saturday.

Saturday- 4.5 easy miles to test my foot.  Unfortunately, still pain in the heel and instep as well as really tight calves.  So I decided to give it a bit more rest and see how things go by skipping Sunday's run.


Sunday - Barre video on You Tube


Also lots of errands on the weekend so we can get back to routine this week.  This included a lot of food prep.  And we rewarded ourselves with getting together with friends Sunday evening for a casual get together.

This week is going to be more resting my foot so sticking with yoga, barre and pilates.  Hopefully by the weekend, I'll give running a try again and see how it goes.

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!


 weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment