Monday, August 26, 2019

Richmond Half Marathon - training week 6

Wow, last week felt like it flew by!  I can't believe it's already the last week of August and the week we leave for our vacation to Rome and Greece. We've started packing but I feel like I still have a ton left to do.  But before thinking about this week, here's the recap of last week.

Monday - planned rest day

Tuesday - 3.5 easy miles plus saw the sunrise


Wednesday - Strength training at home



Thursday - speed work (1 mile easy, 8x 2 minutes, 4x 100 meters, .5 mile cool down).  This one was tough but I hit my paces.  I did it in the morning so I was able to meet up with friends for happy hour after work.


Friday - Yoga With Adrienne (I forgot to take a photo and don't remember which one I did but it was one of the ones for strength training or toning).

Saturday - 4 easy miles in the morning.  I forgot to charge my Garmin so I used runkeeper for this one.  Plus lots of errands and packing.


Sunday - 8 easy miles.  Ugh, I thought the cooler weather would help out with my pace.  But this may have been my slowest pace ever.  I'm not sure what was going on.  My heart rate was in the right place but it felt like I was barely moving.


Oh well, I got the miles in.  And we went to the Renaissance Fair later in the day and had a good time with friends!


So that was my week.  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - 3 easy miles
Tuesday - Speed work (1 mile easy, 5x 3 minutes, 4x 100 meters, .5 mile cool down)
Wednesday - Strength training and an evening red eye flight
Thursday - Rest day and arriving in Rome!
Friday - 4 miles
Saturday - Strength training at hotel gym
Sunday - 6 miles

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

 weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment