Monday, October 14, 2019

Weekly Review

This week was a mixed bag.  Work was crazy and I got informed at the end of the week of a last minute business trip I need to take.  I'm covering for my boss and need to give a presentation she was scheduled for on a topic I know nothing about.  Wish me luck!

I'm leaving today and will be gone for the week so also had to scramble and try to clear my calendar for this week.  I did get in my planned 3 runs but only one session of strength training instead of 2 and no yoga.  But my foot felt ok for the most part so that's good news.  And I got new running shoes so that helps too.  The Brooks just don't seem to last as long as the Sauconys for some reason.

Anyway, here are the details of the week.

Monday - Wednesday - rest days

Thursday - 30 minute run after work


Friday - 30 minute run around lunch time


Saturday - Barre video on You Tube - it was ok.  I got a good work out but it was really repetitive.


Sunday - 45 minute run in my new shoes


We also went to the kitten lounge Sunday which was a great way to unwind before my trip today :)


No food prep since I'll be eating conference food all week.  But we did try out some new restaurants over the weekend.  We went to an all veggie taco place and a new sushi place by our house.  They had vegan mochi!

 
Collard greens taco, mushroom taco and beet taco

 
Veggie sushi sampler

Here's the plan for the week


Monday - Rest day and traveling to Boston
Tuesday - 30 minute treadmill plus weights at hotel gym
Wednesday - Yoga in hotel room
Thursday - Weights at hotel gym
Friday - 45 minute run in Boston
Saturday - Strength train
Sunday - 45 minute run

I hope everyone else had a great week as well.  I loved waking up Saturday morning to the news that Kipchoge had broken the 2 hour barrier and ran 26.2 miles in less than 2 hours.  And the next day that the women's record for the marathon was broken at Chicago.  Also, congratulations to everyone that ran Chicago!

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!
 weekly Run Down



No comments:

Post a Comment