Monday, January 27, 2020

Pike's Peek 10k Training Week 1

I hope everyone had a good weekend!  My week went pretty well, and I got in my 4 planned runs and some strength training.  Here are the details for last week.

Monday - Yoga from Runner's World


Tuesday -  Strength Training with a fitness blender video




Wednesday - 2 mile run after work


Thursday - Rest day

Friday - 3 mile run


Saturday - 2.5 mile run


Sunday - 5k race scenic fun run


The 5k we were signed up for was cancelled due to flooding on the course.  Since we were downtown anyway we decided to make it a fun, scenic run by the monuments instead.  I'll post more about this later in the week.

So that was my week!  The runs were all toward the end but they were short runs so it worked out ok.  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - Speed work (1 mile warm up, 4 x 100 meters, 1 mile cool down)
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - 3 miles on treadmill after work
Friday - Strength training
Saturday - 3.5 miles
Sunday - 4.5 miles

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

 weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment