Monday, February 10, 2020

Pike's Peek 10k Training Week 3

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  It was a bit of a mixed bag here.  The work outs last week went ok as well.  I only got in 3 runs instead of the planned 4 due to rain and my schedule, but I did get in my 2 planned strength training sessions. Here are the details.

Monday - Strength training, same routine from the week before.


Tuesday - Unplanned rest day

Wednesday - Planned rest day since we had free tickets to a screening of Birds of Prey.


Thursday - Speed work, 1 mile warm up, 6 x 100m, 1 mile cool down.  I had to cut the cool down short because it got dark and it started raining again.  I was thankful that there was a short window in the rain so I could get outside for this workout and didn't have to do it on the treadmill.


Friday - Strength training, same routine as Monday

Saturday - 2.5 easy miles.


We also had a surprise party for a friend's 50th birthday in the afternoon.

Sunday - Make up 5k for the one that was cancelled a couple weeks ago.  We enjoyed the race but I'll post more details later in the week.


I'm not sure what's going on but I woke up with some weird toe pain on Sunday morning.  It's the second toe on my left foot.  I'm not sure if it's due to a lot of barefoot standing on hardwood at Saturday's party?  I don't think it's from running because it's in such a weird spot.  I went ahead and did the 5k Sunday morning anyway since I wasn't planning on racing it, it was just for fun.  I iced my toe a lot Sunday afternoon and took ibuprofen and plan to do the same today.  Fingers crossed the pain goes away soon.

So that was my week!  Here's the plan for this week, though I'll definitely adjust it if my toe isn't feeling better.

Monday - Rest day
Tuesday - Speed work (1 mile warm up, 8 x 100 meters, 1 mile cool down)
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - 2.5 easy miles
Friday - Strength training
Saturday - 3 miles
Sunday - 5 miles

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

 weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment