Friday, March 20, 2020

Food for the Week

Since we're at home, I'm definitely cooking more.  So I though I'd share some of the things we've eaten this week :)  And I'm taking the opportunity to join up with Fairytales and Fitness for their Friday link up.

 
Breakfasts have been steel cut oats with strawberries and almond milk.  Lunches have mostly been hummus sandwiches with veggies or leftovers.  And dinners have been a variety.
We ordered from a local Chinese Restaurant one day, and that not only provided a delicious dinner but leftovers for lunch too.
   
Rice, General Tso's Tofu, Schezuan Green Beans and Stir Fried veggies

We have a Thai red curry with tofu and broccoli over noodles.  Sadly I forgot to take a photo of this one.
Next was a chickpea, potato and kale curry served over rice.  I started with a recipe from Vegan Richa but modified it pretty heavily.   


Yesterday we had burrito bowls made in the Instant Pot.  This was really easy and surprisingly delicious.  I used this recipe and the only change I made was to increase the liquid since people in the comments had talked about burning.  And lets be honest, burrito bowls are all about toppings :)  I had tomatoes, shredded veggies, pickled jalapenos and avocado on mine.

So many toppings it's hard to see the actual burrito bowl underneath

Mike also made an amazing vegan cake since this was the official anniversary of the date we had met.  It was so delicious that I forgot a photo!

So that's been some of the food we've been eating while social distancing.  I'd love to hear what you all have been eating during this time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment