Monday, March 2, 2020

Pike's Peek 10k training week 6

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  My week went pretty well.  The knee was a lot better and I go tin all 4 of my runs.  I only got in 1 strength training session instead of the two I wanted, but I'm still pretty happy with last week.  Here are the details.

Monday - Planned rest day with a 15 minute walk in the afternoon

Tuesday - We meant to do speed work but I made a last minute decision to just keep it at an easy pace.


Wednesday - Unplanned rest day.  I ended up having a head ache for most of the afternoon, maybe because of the changing weather.

Perry fell asleep with his hand on my shoulder, it was adorable!

Thursday - 40 minutes on the elliptical.  There were high winds so we went to the gym for our work out.  I got on the treadmill but after a couple minutes, it kind of felt like my knee gave out.  It was a scary feeling so I got on the elliptical instead.  After the work out was done, Mike told me he had gotten on that treadmill too.  And the track was periodically slipping!  So I don't think it was my knee after all, I think it was the malfunctioning treadmill.  We did let the gym staff know about it before we left.


Friday - Strength training (squats, crunches, oblique crunches, glute bridges, clam shells, push ups, planks, bicep curls, tricep curls, and shoulder presses)

Saturday - 3.5 easy miles.  It was still windy and cold so I struggled with that a bit.


Plus we went out to see some a friend in a local show and then to see more people at a party afterward.  It was definitely a later night than I'm used to and I didn't get to sleep until 2:30!  But it was a fun night.

Sunday - Thankfully we were able to sleep in!  Did some errands and then got around to my run around 4pm.  I was able to see a pretty sunset and the weather was beautiful.  I got in the full 6 miles but my knee did start hurting again around 4.5 miles.


So that's it for last week.  This week is a cut back week so I'm happy about that.  I also learned that there's a new Orange Theory Fitness opening in my town.  I saw they're having an event to talk about their founder rates later this month so I'm hoping to be able to check that out.  For those of you that have done OTF, any questions I should make sure to ask?  Here's my plan for the coming week.

Monday - Rest day plus an evening training.
Tuesday - Speed work (1 mile warm up, 6 x 2 minutes, .5 mile cool down)
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - 3 easy miles
Friday - Strength training
Saturday - 3 miles
Sunday - 4 miles

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

 weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment