Monday, March 16, 2020

Pike's Peek 10k training week 8

How's everyone doing?  Things definitely took a turn last week and I know it was a week full of disappointment for a lot of people.  There were lots of race cancellations but in addition to that, lots of cancellations in our local communities.  The play we were going to see on the weekend was cancelled and luckily, we were able to cancel our hotel reservation too even though it was at the last minute.  The hotel was very flexible.

Mike and I are now both working from home for the next 2-3 weeks and we're both lucky that our jobs allow us to do that.  But before we talk about this week, here are the details on last week.  I got in 3 runs, a strength training session and a yoga session.

Monday - 3 miles


Tuesday - Fitness blender workout


Wednesday - Planned rest day

Thursday - Speed work.  My knee hurt during speed work last time so I decided not to push it too much.  I did 8 intervals of 2 minutes, and I was a bit slow on the first four but was able to hit my pace on the next 2 intervals and to beat it on the last 2 intervals.  So I was pretty happy about that. I don't know why Garmin didn't really record this run properly, it just shows the interval paces.  But at least it recorded in Strava.


Friday - Unplanned rest day.  Unfortunately, my knee wasn't feeling great after the speed work so I took a break.

Saturday - 2 mile walk.


Sunday - 5 mile run plus Yoga With Adrienne


So that was the week.  I think I'm going to have to take a break from speed work for a little longer.  My knee feels better so I try the speed work, but then it always causes pain afterward.  And to be honest, I'm not sure my April 10k races are even going to happen so it doesn't seem worth it to push.  The races aren't cancelled yet but I wouldn't be surprised to hear something on that within the next couple weeks.

 
We did go out for one last brunch at a local restaurant with lots of plant based options.  Mimosas, plant based hummus bowl with brussel sprouts and "eggs" for me, and a plant based peppermint patty shake.

As far as the plan for this week, at least working from home gives a bit more flexibility in my schedule.  And it looks like the weather should be good this week.  I'm hoping to get outside every day for at least a walk since that still counts as social distancing but it will be good for me to at least get a bit of time out of the house.  Here's my plan for the coming week.

Monday - Rest Day plus a walk and yoga
Tuesday - Speed work (1 mile warm up, 10 x 2 minutes, .5 mile cool down) - may skip it to just do 4 miles depending on my knee
Wednesday - Strength training plus a walk
Thursday - 3 easy miles + yoga
Friday - Strength training plus a walk
Saturday - 3 miles + yoga
 Sunday - 5 miles

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!
 weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment