Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Wednesday Gratitude

It's been a couple weeks since I've had a mid-week post that talks about the things I've been thankful for recently.  I figured it's time that I had another one.  I have a lot to be grateful for in spite of the recent situation with coronavirus.  The main thing, of course, is that everyone I know continues to stay safe and healthy.  Here are a couple additional things.

1.  Music - I've really been loving all of the musicians that have been performing and sharing their work online.  I've enjoyed dance parties from several DJs as well.  And Mark Kanemura (of So You Think You Can Dance fame) has been doing daily dance parties on his Instagram.  Andrew Lloyd Weber's been putting some of his old productions online for free.  I loved the Phantom of the Opera production that was online this past weekend.  And have you seen this family that created their own version of the song from Les Mis?  It is hilarious! I would definitely recommend watching it for a good laugh.


2.  The public library - I am so grateful for our county library!  I've been continuing to obtain ebooks and audio books from them online, even though the physical library is closed.  And something new I learned is about the partnerships they have with online websites to offer free classes.  A friend told me about this and it's so useful.  It includes websites with more business-y classes like coding but also sites that offer creative classes.  I've been taking advantage of this with the library's free membership to Creative Bug.  They have some great art and crafting classes.  This is a great resource at a time when a lot of people have more time than money and can be useful in learning new skills for work as well as for fun.


3.  The online running community - I know I've said this before but I love the online running community.  This week, I'm specially thinking about how resilient we are.  I know a lot of people were disappointed about cancelled races.  I definitely was.  But a lot of the Run Disney groups this week were full of people talking about their Star Wars races and how they did them at home any way.  And they went all out with costumes, makeshift character stops, etc.  I did the same and got a wonderful amount of support when I posted photos of my 10k "race."  I love how everyone pulled together and still made it feel like a community event even though we were all separate and running on our own.

So those are the things I am particularly thankful for this week!  I'd love to hear about the things in your life that are bringing you joy at the moment :)

Also, I'm linking up for Thankful Thursday with Rebecca Jo at  Knit By God's Hand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment