Monday, April 20, 2020

Weekly Review

I hope everyone had a good week!  Mine went pretty well.  It was thankfully an easier allergy week as well.  I'm not sure if it's because a lot of the flowering trees seems to be heading toward the end of their flowering cycle or because my allergy meds have finally built up enough in my system.  And work went smoother last week too so that helped.  Other than that, again a lot of staying at home!  I did get in 3 cardio days, 2 strength training sessions, and 2 yoga practices.  Here are the details.

Monday  - The weather wasn't great so I stayed inside.  I find a new workout on You Tube called Body Jam.  It's a Les Mills class and this one was in partnership with reebok.  So the video was really professional (not always true with free youtube classes) and it had really fun choreography.  I loved it and will definitely be looking for more of these.


Tuesday - Wednesday - Rest days.  Tuesday was planned but Wednesday was unplanned.  However, I was just tired so I decided to listen to my body and take that extra rest day.  Wednesday day evening my friend and I did an online 70s music bingo.  I ended up knowing more 70s music that I thought I did!

Thursday - Strength training with a Peloton video.  It was a family strength training session but I didn't realize that it was as directed toward kids as it was.  It also concentrated on upper body.  Not what I was looking for.  I need to pay more attention to the descriptions.  I also had an online happy hour with friends in the evening.


Friday - 5k run.  This would have been the day I was doing the Star Wars 5k at Disney World so I decided to go ahead and dress up in my outfit and do my 5k at home.  We watched the live stream of the Phantom of the Opera 25th anniversary performance from 2011 and really enjoyed it.  I also had an online game night with friends in the evening.



Saturday - Strength training and yoga.  I did strength training on my own, no video.  I had also signed up for 21 days of yoga, heard about it from Judy, so I started that today.   We watched the benefit concert that was on all the tv channels in the evening and really enjoyed that.

I did end up having to go out to the pharmacy since I needed more allergy medicine.  That gave me an opportunity to try out one of the masks I was making.  I've made 5 so far and have enough material for 15 more so I'll be working on that this week.





Sunday - 10k and yoga.  I decided to go ahead and do my Star Wars 10k today.  I hadn't been training since the race was cancelled and the most I'd done recently was 4 miles.  So I decided to do 5 miles, and then a 1 mile cool down walk with Mike to finish up the 10k.  I also had fun with it and created my own character stops :)



So that was my week.  Here's the plan for the week.

Monday - 3 easy miles
Tuesday - Rest day
Wednesday - 3 easy miles
Thursday - Strength training
Friday - 3 easy miles (or body jam if the forecast is right and it's raining)
Saturday - Strength training
Sunday - 5 miles

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!

 weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment