Friday, January 9, 2015

2015 Goals

It's time for the Friday Five link up with Cynthia, Mar and Courtney.


This week's theme is 5 things you love about your favorite city but I'm going off theme since I haven't had a chance to talk about my 2015 goals yet.  So here is what I'm planning on working on for this year.

1. 15 in 2015 - I managed to do 14 races in 2014 (17 if you count virtual races) and therefore I'm going to go ahead and go for 15 races in 2015.  This will include both virtual races and "real" races.

2. Two half marathons - I did my first half last November so I'm hoping to increase the number to 2 this year.  I'm already signed up for the Rock N Roll DC half marathon in March and am planning on signing up for a Fall half marathon, probably the Wine and Dine half marathon at Disney World.

3. Volunteer in at least 3 races - I'm not sure which ones yet but it will probably be 3 MCRRC races that I volunteer for.  Last year, I volunteered for 2 races, one was a MCRRC 50k and the other was the Nike Women's Half Marathon.

4. Unsupported hand stand - I've almost gotten the unassisted headstand (I managed to do it for a couple seconds last week) so I'm going to work on finding my balance in the headstand longer and then try to transition to a handstand.  I'm sure I will have to do that assisted for a while but I'm hoping I can manage an unassisted hand stand by the end of the year.

5. Try at least 3 different workouts - I'm hoping to get some more variety in my cross training and strength training this year.  I've already bought a groupon for aerial yoga this year and I'll be taking my first class toward the end of February.  I'll probably try a barre class after that.

So those are my fitness goals for the year!  I have a couple blogging goals as well, like improving my photography and refreshing the site design a bit with headers and stuff. And of course other goals for work and personal stuff.  But I'm looking forward to a good year in 2015.  I hope all of you are as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment