Wednesday, February 8, 2017

2017 Races

I can't believe it's already February!  This year has gotten off to a hectic start and I haven't had a single race yet.  I probably will be racing less this year but I still want to go ahead and get down my race plans for the year.  I'm sure a lot will change in the coming months but here's my list as of now.

January - None

February - None


Before last year's RnR DC

March - RnR DC Half Marathon and the MCRRC Piece of Cake 5k

April - Georgetown 10 miler and Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon at Disney World

May - Semper Fi 5k (since it's been a PR race the last 3 years!)

June Zooma Annapolis 10k MCRRC Suds and Soles 5k 


July - MCRRC Riley's Rumble 8k 

 

A hot and humid Riley's Rumble 8k in 2016


August -MCRRC Eastern County 8k

September -

October - Columbus Half Marathon (this will be my brother's first half!)

November - Infinity Gauntlet Challenge (10k and half marathon at Disney Land) and also a Turkey Trot in Ohio

December - MCRRC Jingle Bell Jog 8k and I might do Race 13.1 Baltimore if they have it again.


 
Baltimore in December


So that's my current list for the year.  I've got 2 Disney races on my year because I kind of felt like I wanted to get the coast to coast medal one year.  I turn 40 this year and Mike said, if there's a time to do it, this is it!  So this is my year of Disney, and that's also 3 races I'll be traveling for if you add in Columbus.  So more racecations than usual.  But at least for Columbus, I can stay with family so I won't have to worry about a hotel :)  And most of the MCRRC races are free for members which is definitely nice.

What races do you have on tap for the year that you're excited about?

No comments:

Post a Comment