Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday Five - fun things in 2017

It's Friday!  It's been another long week at work and I'm definitely happy to see the weekend.  Friday also means that it's time for the Friday Five 2.0 link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness!  I'm going to talk about 5 things that I'm really looking forward to in 2017.



  Friday Five Linkup 2.0


1.  Cherry Blossom 10 Miler - No, I'm not running it this weekend.  But I am volunteering!  I'm looking forward to volunteering at this race since it's so iconic.  Plus, that means I get in for running it next year without having to go through the lottery.  I'm volunteering at the finish line but I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing yet.

2.  Turning 40 - This is the year I turn 40.  People have asked if I'm anxious about it but I really haven't felt anything like that.  My life is in a really good place right now and I'm hoping that will just keep going.  After all, 40 is just a number.  The actual weekend of my birthday is right around a work conference unfortunately but I think we'll still have time for a fancy dinner to celebrate.  And training for my first marathon will be my big celebration for this milestone birthday :)

3.  Philadelphia - We don't have capacity for a big Spring trip this year but we still wanted a little get away.  So we're going to be spending the 4th of July weekend exploring the City of Brotherly Love.  If anyone has any good tips on things to do, or see, or eat in Philadelphia, I'd love to hear it!  We'll probably add on some time at Hershey Park too.

Last year's Spring trip was to Iceland

4.  Half Marathon with my brother - I've talked my brother into doing his first half marathon in the Fall.  He lives in Columbus so we won't actually be training together but I look forward to some virtual training together.  And some other childhood friends of ours are joining us as well so it will be like a big reunion with 13.1 miles of running thrown in.

Me and my brother dressed up for a wedding


5.  Hawaii! And this is the reason we can't take a big Spring trip.  We're planning a big blowout trip in the Fall.  We're going to go to Disney Land so I can run the Avengers Half Marathon (and get my Coast to Coast as well as the Infinity Gauntlet Challenge medals) and then on to Maui for a week.  I'm really excited and looking forward to lots of relaxing beach time.

So those are five things I'm looking forward to in 2017.  It's going to be an exciting year and I hope that you guys all have a great year in front of you too :)  I'd love to hear what you're looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment