Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday Five - random things

It's Friday and this week has flown by.  A weekend of travel and more travel this weekend will have a way of doing that.  We're heading off to another wedding and I'm sure we'll have a great time.  But in the meantime, it's time for the Friday Five link up hosted by Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness.  I'm going to talk about five random things going on with me.

Friday Five Linkup 2.0

1. Ugh, it's only week 2 of marathon training and I've missed a run.  I moved things around so that it was my shortest easy run that got skipped, but I'm still not feeling good about that.  But I was experimenting with food because I wanted to try to get more protein in my diet and protein powder did not sit well with my stomach.

2.  I've got a lot of travel coming up in the next 4 weeks or so.  There's a wedding this weekend, a work trip, and then a trip to Columbus for a half marathon!  And a mini local trip for the Army 10 miler since we have a hotel room in Virginia for that race.  These are all things I'm looking forward to but I'm not looking forward to the actual travel portion.

 
Random piece of art work I saw on the street last week

3.  The cats have been in fine form lately.  On the good side, I've caught them being friendly with each other and even rubbing noses.  Which is impressive since they are more likely to fight instead of be nice to each other.  On the bad side, Perry managed to throw up on my favorite blanket before work on day this week.  That was not a good way to start the day.

 
Shelby determined to fit in boxes of any size

4. I downloaded an audio book from the library to try listening to on my long run last weekend.  It worked out really well and kept me engaged for the whole 2 hours.  But it takes so much longer to get through a book that way then just reading it.  So I don't see myself moving to audio books for good, but it's a nice option for a long run.

5.  I go an instant pot a couple weeks ago and I love it!  We've made rice, dried beans, lentils, and tried out an Indian street food called Pau Bhaji a couple days ago.  I'm excited to keep experimenting and I think it will be even more useful as the temperatures get colder and we want to eat heartier grains and beans and stuff.

So that's it for my random five things.  I hope everyone had a great week and that the weekend is even better :)



No comments:

Post a Comment