Monday, September 18, 2017

WDW Marathon Training - Week 2

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Mine was fun but it flew by and now we're already back at Monday.  I'm looking forward to this week with no travel.  But first, here's my recap of last week.

Monday - rest day

Tuesday - unplanned rest day.  I somehow slept straight through my morning alarm :(  And then I had some stomach problems the rest of the day.  It was so bad by the time I came home that I just went straight to bed.  I woke up briefly to eat some dry toast and then went back to bed for the night.

Wednesday - Strength training.  I felt better and was trying to decide between going for a run or strength training but I decided to stick with the scheduled strength training.

 

Thursday - Speed work at the gym - 15 minute warm up, 5 sets of 2 minutes fast to 2 minutes recovery, 10 minute cool down.  I also started to feel stomach problems today and caught it early so was able to take medicine to help and also took the afternoon off work so I was able to rest and get back up to speed for my workout in the evening.  I also realized it must be the new protein powder sample I was trying out in my oatmeal so no more of that.  It was causing a lot of acid reflux :(  Back to the drawing board with trying to get more protein in my diet.

 

Friday - 45 minute easy run

 

Saturday - Flew to Atlanta for a wedding but also squeezed in some quick strength training for my core.

 


 
Selfie with my niece
 
Sunday- 9 mile long run.  I just ran repeated loops around the neighborhood we were staying in so that was a bit of a mental struggle.  It was also hillier and 20 degrees hotter than my long run last week so it was tough but at least it got done!

 

So here's the plan for this week.

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - 45 minute easy run
Wednesday - strength training
Thursday - speed work
Friday - strength training
Saturday - 10 mile long run
Sunday - 30 minute easy run

I hope everyone else had a good week!  Since I'm official in training now, I'm going to start linking up with Courtney for the Training Recap.  I'm also  linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap.


https://hohoruns.blogspot.com/p/weekly-wrap.html

No comments:

Post a Comment