Monday, September 11, 2017

WDW Marathon Training - Week 1

First week of marathon training!  It was a little complicated due to weekend travel for a wedding but overall, it went by the book and I'm really happy with it.  Here's the summary.

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday - 45 minute easy run

 

Wednesday - strength training with a routine from Coach Laura

 

Thursday - Speed work at the gym: 10 minute warm up, 8 x 1 minute hard, 90 seconds recovery, 10 minute cool down.

 

Friday - 30 minute easy run

 

Saturday - Strength training with a FitStar routine


We also had an early flight to Columbus today to go to a wedding for an old family friend.  It was a great time catching up with people and enjoying some time with my family.


 

Sunday - 8 mile long run

 

Like I mentioned, I'm happy with how the week went. It also helped that we had some cooler temperatures last week.  So the plan for this week is pretty similar.

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - 45 minute easy run
Wednesday - strength training
Thursday - speed work
Friday - 30 minute easy run
Saturday - strength training
Sunday - 9 mile long run

I hope everyone else had a good week!  Since I'm official in training now, I'm going to start linking up with Courtney for the Training Recap.  I'm also  linking up with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin (and guest host Sara Runs This Town) for the Weekly Wrap.



No comments:

Post a Comment