Monday, November 27, 2017

WDW Marathon Training - week 12

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  It was a bit of a hectic whirlwind for us but it was also a great time with family and friends.  It was a bit of a mixed bag on workouts since I got in my 2 strength training days but only 2 runs.  However, I'm reasonably happy with how the week went given all the traveling.  And the 2 runs I got in were the long run and speed work, so I feel like they were the most important ones.  Here are the details.

Monday - Rest day - We got back from Hawaii at 1am Monday morning so we went straight to sleep and back to work when we woke up.  Therefore, we were pretty exhausted and no working out this day.

Tuesday- Strength training


Wednesday - Rest day and flying to Ohio

Thursday - Turkey Trot that I used for speed work.  The plan was to go easy for the first 15 minutes as a warm up, and then add in decreasing intervals starting with a 5 minute interval and ending with a 1 minute interval.  The race was super cold and the terrain was mixed since the last mile or so was on a gravel trail, but it was fun.  And the first 800 finishers got a pumpkin pie :)


Later in the day, we went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving and had a huge Thanksgiving gathering full of fun.  It was great being able to catch up with people over tons of food.  One of the friends there has trained for multiple triathalons and just ran his first full marathon in October so I enjoyed picking his brain about training.  I forgot to take any photos so grabbed from from a friend's instagram.


Friday - Runner's World power yoga.  We also had a chance to catch up with my brother and his fiancee and help them out with some wedding planning stuff.

Saturday - 16 mile long run.  Thankfully I had a good audio book to keep my attention!  This one was just winding around my parent's neighborhood going down as many roads as I could to get the mileage.  I stopped at home after 8 miles to re-fill my water bottle and then did some of the same route again to get the additional 8 miles.  I had one mile (around 14 I think) where I walked almost the whole mile because I had turned down a side street where the wind was blowing straight in my face and it was an effort to even move forward.  But at least the 16 miles got done :)



Sunday - rest day - fly back from Ohio.  I had meant to try to get in a recovery run during the afternoon but we just ended up resting and getting errands done instead.  I did get in a walk with a friend and that was nice.  I felt like I recovered pretty well from the 16 miles the day before so that was a plus as well.

So that was my week :) The last two weeks, while fairly active, were light on actual running with being on vacation in Hawaii and then going straight into Thanksgiving week.  I'm happy with how they went but definitely need to get back on track with the training schedule this week!

Here's Coach Laura's plan for this upcoming week.

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - 60-70 minute easy run
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - Speed work (15 minute warm up, 4 x 5 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy, 15 minute cool down)
Friday - Strength training
Saturday - 4 mile run
Sunday - 18 mile long run

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and MissSippiPiddlin for the Weekly Wrap.




https://hohoruns.blogspot.com/p/weekly-wrap.html

No comments:

Post a Comment