Monday, September 17, 2018

Baltimore Running Festival Training Week 5

I'm glad last week was a cut back week!  I had to shuffle things around due to some meetings and ended up having to run 4 days in a row, which I'm not used to.  But I got in all my runs and 1 strength training session, though I would have preferred to get in 2.  But overall, I'm happy with the way the week went.  And we got lucky with Hurricane Florence missing us so we had some overcast skies over the weekend but not much rain.

Here are the details of last week.

Monday - strength training at home


Tuesday - planned rest day because I had an all day meeting downtown.  I did get in a mile walk to the meeting and a mile walk afterward so that at least got me some time on my feet.


Wednesday - Unplanned rest day

Thursday - Easy 3 mile run


Friday - Easy 4 mile run.  I waited a bit too long and did end up with rain on this run, but it wasn't too bad.

Saturday - 1 mile warm up, 2.5 miles at half marathon pace, and .5 mile cool down.  I'm really struggling with pacing here, the second and third mile were too fast for half marathon pace and the fourth was too slow.  But the fourth was also mostly uphill and the other two were mostly downhill so maybe it averages out?


We also went to a rally for some local candidates running for office.  It was pretty interesting but we ended up dehydrated and tired afterwards so cancelled our evening plans for a quiet night at home.

Sunday - Easy 4 miles.  Nothing too memorable on this run (except all the weird mushrooms I saw growing, I guess because of how much rain we've been getting).  I definitely struggled despite the temperature not being too high.  But the humidity was still around 95% so I guess that's part of it.  And the other part may be that it was the 4th day in a row of running.


I also just noticed that my average pace was exactly the same on all three easy runs this week.  Weird!

We also went to the Small Press Expo that's held near us every year.  It's pretty cheap and a good way to discover new graphic novels and such.

A new book I picked up at the expo

Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - Rest day and an evening meeting
Tuesday - Easy 4 miles
Wednesday - Strength training
Thursday - Speed work (1 mile warm up, 1.5 miles at 10k pace, 1 mile cool down)
Friday - Strength training
Saturday - 6 miles
Sunday - 9 miles (6 of them at half marathon pace)

I'm linking up with with HoHoRuns and Taking the Long Way Home for the Weekly Wrap.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment