Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thankful

I have so many things to be thankful for, and Thanksgiving week seems like the perfect week to reflect on it!  I realized that I haven't really done a Thanksgiving post since 2014, the first year I blogged.  That one covered the big things like family, friends, and kitties :)  Of course, those continue to be the big things I'm thankful for.  But here are a couple more things that I'm especially thankful for at the moment.

1.  Travel - I've been able to travel and run in some new places this year.  The travel has been both for fun and for work, and I'm so thankful that I've had the chance to gather these memories.

View from a run in Napa Valley

2.  A new family member - my brother got married this year!


3.  Running and being outside - Having tendinitis and being unable to run in the Spring weather was a real downer.  It made me really appreciate being able to run again and enjoy the time outside.  I even enjoyed the hot weather over the Summer and I'm going to do my best to appreciate the cold runs in the Winter :)


 
Sunrise from yesterday's run

4.  Trying new things - I've been more politically active this year and I really enjoyed it.  It gave me the opportunity to meet a lot of cool people and get involved with some interesting projects.  I'm taking a bit of a break for the end of the year but look forward to continuing this next year.

 So those are some things that really stick out for me as I look back over the year.  I hope that you all have plenty to be thankful for as well and that everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment