Friday, March 29, 2019

Friday link up - 2019 races

Wow, March is almost over!  That means that we've been through a quarter of 2019.  So I figure I better start thinking about races for the year.  It's also Friday and I'm joining in with Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday link up.










I only have one race I've already registered for this year and that's the Annapolis 10k in June.  And I've only done 1 race so far this year, the Disney Marathon in January.  This is a little unusual for me.  I've really liked the race experience in the past.  And I'm still enjoying running and really excited to get back to training for my June race.

But I have to confess, otherwise racing has just come to seem like a bit of a logistical problem.  It usually involves getting up early (I slept through an alarm and missed RnR DC earlier this month) driving somewhere, dealing with parking and crowds, etc.  And it just seems so much easier to just run in my neighborhood, especially for 5k's.


I was just talking to friends about the Semper Fi 5k, which I think we've done every year since we've started running.  And I was relieved when none of them were able to do the race because of other commitments that weekend.  This is a race that I've always enjoyed in past years, but this year all I could think about was the logistics and what a pain they would be.

 

I'm sure that I'll get my love of races back at some point.  But in the meantime, I'll just keep enjoying more low key running on my own and with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment