Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Tattoos

Today's a rest day for me, since I have an appointment for a tattoo consultation this evening!  I'm pretty excited for this.  It will be my third tattoo and I've been thinking about it for a while.  I generally think about tattoo ideas for a long time and sit with them to make sure that it is indeed something I want permanently.  Plus, they're expensive so that's another reason it's not something I do on a whim.


I got my first tattoo after law school (more than 15 years ago) and it was a reward for finishing and not having to be a student anymore!  It's about three inches in diameter and it's a symbol for the Hindu goddess, Durga.  It's a reminder to be strong.


I got my second one years later, on one of our wedding anniversaries.  Mike and I got matching tattoos.  Mine is just about 2 inches tall and on my thigh.  His is bigger and on his calf.  This one is a symbol of comfort for me.


So what about the third one?  I'm not quite sure what the final design is going to look like but this is something I sketched out to just get it out of my head.  I'll work with the tattoo artist to refine it.  But in short, it will be a phoenix with a henna pattern and running somehow incorporated into the pattern as well.  You can see that the sketch has a 26.2  but I'm not sure if that's exactly the route I'll take.  This one is for perseverance.

So those are my tattoos!  I'm excited to add to the collection this year.  Anyone else want to share about their tattoos?  I love to hear those stories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment