Monday, April 1, 2019

Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k - training week 2

The race I'm working toward is the Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k in June.  This used to be a Zooma race and I did it in 2017 when it was still run by Zooma.  I'm excited to see how it's different now.  And Annapolis was a beautiful city to run in.  I haven't really trained for a 10k since my first 10k in 2014.  Since then, any 10k's I've run had been part of training for a longer race.

I'm pretty happy with how week two went, I got in all 4 runs and also 2 strength training sessions.  The strength training sessions were at home instead of at the gym, but at least they're something.  I do feel like I push myself harder in body pump class but the strength training at home is a good compromise when the schedule just doesn't work out.

Monday - Strength training, the below circuit 2 times through



Tuesday - 1 mile warm up, 10x 100m/100m recovery, 1 mile cool down


Wednesday - Rest day and tattoo consultation in the evening.

Thursday - 3 easy miles


Friday - Strength training at home again, the same routine as Monday.

Saturday - 3 easy miles


A local theater was also showing Cat Video Fest so you know I needed to go to that!  I have to admit I laughed out loud many times and there were a couple times I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.  The audience was very engaged and it was definitely a fun, and silly experience.

Sunday - Met up with friends for a run and coffee afterward.  We did 3 easy miles and then 1 mile at 5k pace.  It was supposed to be 12:20 and I managed 12:45, but it was also uphill that last mile.


There was a neighborhood right next to the Capital Crescent Trail that had cherry blossoms so we took a detour through there.  It was not quite at peak bloom yet but still really beautiful.

So that was last week.  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - rest day
Tuesday - 1 mile warm up, 3x 100m/100m recovery, 3x 150m/150m recovery, 3x 100m/100m recovery recovery, 1 mile cool down
Wednesday - body pump
Thursday - 3 easy miles
Friday - strength training
Saturday - 4.5 easy miles
Sunday - 2.5 miles easy pace, 3x 3 minutes/3 minutes recovery, 1 mile cool down

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!
weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment