Monday, March 25, 2019

Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k - training week 1

I'm back in training!  The race I'm working toward is the Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k in June.  This used to be a Zooma race and I did it in 2017 when it was still run by Zooma.  I'm excited to see how it's different now.  And Annapolis was a beautiful city to run in.  I haven't really trained for a 10k since my first 10k in 2014.  Since then, any 10k's I've run had been part of training for a longer race.  So this week went pretty well, I got in all my runs and 1 strength training session.

Monday - strength training

Tuesday - rest day.  It was also the anniversary of the date Mike and I met so we checked out a new restaurant in our area.  It's French/Mediterranean and we both really liked our food.  My entree was stuffed cabbage with mushrooms and rice.  It was delicious.

 
Rolls with an interesting herb butter, duck for Mike and stuffed cabbage for me, pretty cocktails and chocolate souffle for dessert. 

Wednesday - 1 mile warm up, 7x 100m/100m recovery, 1 mile cool down


Deer wandering the neighborhood during my cool down

Thursday - 3 easy miles.  It was raining so this one ended up being on the treadmill at the gym.


Friday - rest day.

Saturday - 3 easy miles.  The temperature was nice but it was windy!


Sunday - 2.5 mile warm up, 7 x 2 minutes/2 minutes recovery, 1 mile cool down


I also volunteered at a local 5k Sunday morning.  I was at the registration table so it got a little hectic but we got everyone registered before the race started :)

So that was last week.  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - strength training
Tuesday - 1 mile warm up, 10x 100m/100m recovery, 1 mile cool down
Wednesday - rest day
Thursday - 3 easy miles
Friday - strength training
Saturday - 3 easy miles
Sunday - 3 miles easy plus 1 mile at 5k pace

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!
weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment