Monday, April 8, 2019

Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k - training week 3

The race I'm working toward is the Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k in June.  This used to be a Zooma race and I did it in 2017 when it was still run by Zooma.  I'm excited to see how it's different now.  And Annapolis was a beautiful city to run in.  I haven't really trained for a 10k since my first 10k in 2014.  Since then, any 10k's I've run had been part of training for a longer race.

Last week went pretty well, though I did have to skip an easy run.  It was a busy week because we had a friend visiting from out of town over the weekend.  And we had to do some cleaning over the week to get ready.  A lot of fun, but still busy!  I still got in three runs and 2 strength training sessions.

Monday - Rest day

Tuesday - Strength training



Wednesday - 1 mile warm up, 3x 100m/100m recovery, 3x 150m/150m recovery, 3x 100m/100m recovery recovery, 1 mile cool down


Thursday - 3 easy miles


Friday - rest day.  In the evening, we met up with my friend who was visiting and saw a cool art exhibit celebrating cherry blossom season.  It was an interactive exhibit using a lot of technology and it was really interesting.  Plus, they also had fun cherry blossom inspired drinks we checked out after the exhibit.


Saturday - I woke up with really tight calves.  So I ended up deciding to skip my 3 mile easy run and I did some yoga and strength training instead.  This was definitely the right decision and I felt so much better after the yoga!


Our friend was actually in town to run a fundraiser so we accompanied her to the fundraiser in the evening and helped with set up.  It's for a great organization and it was wonderful to be able to be there.  Mirror Memoirs is an oral history project centering the narratives, healing and leadership of LGBTQ survivors of color in the movement to end child sexual abuse.

Sunday -  2.5 miles easy pace, 5x 3 minutes/3 minutes recovery, 1 mile cool down.  This was definitely a tough run!  But I did it.  I was shooting for around an 11:45 pace for the intervals so I was too slow on the first two intervals but get there on the last three.


So that was last week.  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - strength training
Tuesday - 1 mile warm up, 7x 150m/150m recovery, 1 mile cool down
Wednesday - rest day with an evening meeting
Thursday - 3 easy miles
Friday - strength training
Saturday - 3.5 easy miles
Sunday - 4 miles easy, 1 mile at 5k pace

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!
weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment