Monday, April 15, 2019

Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k - training week 4

The race I'm working toward is the Wayfarer's Annapolis 10k in June.  This used to be a Zooma race and I did it in 2017 when it was still run by Zooma.  I'm excited to see how it's different now.  And Annapolis was a beautiful city to run in.  I haven't really trained for a 10k since my first 10k in 2014.  Since then, any 10k's I've run had been part of training for a longer race.

This week went pretty well.  I was really happy with my runs.  In addition, I tried out a new strength training website that I really liked.  Here are the details.

Monday - Thanks to Renee for mentioning Fitness Blender.  I had never heard of them before reading about the website on her blog.  They have a lot of online fitness classes available and the one I tried was pretty intense.  I really enjoyed it and will definitely be trying more.


Tuesday - 3 easy miles


Wednesday - Rest day since I had an evening meeting.

Thursday - Speed work.  1 mile warm up, 7x 150m, 1 mile cool down.


Friday - Unplanned rest day (didn't get in my strength training).  We also met up with a bunch of friends for dinner, and it was great to be able to catch up with people I hadn't seen in a while.

Saturday - 3.5 easy miles.  We also got a lot of errands done and went out to watch Shazam in the afternoon.  It was pretty funny and we both really enjoyed it.  I also did some strength training in the evening to make up for missing it on Friday.


Sunday - 4 miles easy pace and 1 mile at 5k pace.  I met up with a friend to run by her house and we had a great run.  We saw lots of cute dogs, managed to avoid the rain for the most part, and hit our pace for that last mile.


The rest of Sunday was also spend on more errands and cleaning.  We had a pretty productive weekend.  We rewarded ourselves with trying some new mochi donuts from a local bakery.  They were pretty delicious!  I also did some recovery yoga in the evening since my legs were feeling a bit sore.


So that was last week.  Here's the plan for this week.

Monday - strength training
Tuesday - 1 mile warm up, 3x 100m, 3x 200m, 3, 100m, 1 mile cool down
Wednesday - rest day with an evening meeting
Thursday - 3 easy miles
Friday - strength training
Saturday - 5 easy miles
Sunday - 3 miles easy, 2.5 miles at marathon pace, 1 mile at half marathon pace, 1 mile cool down

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!
weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment