Friday, August 23, 2019

Goals check in

Yikes, it's almost the end of August and I haven't taken a look back at my goals for the year.  Given that I hadn't come up with goals until March, I guess that makes sense.  But I think things are progressing pretty well.  Here's where I am currently.

1.  720 miles for the year.  I'm currently at 438 miles and should be at around 460 by the end of August.  That's about 20 miles short of where I need to be but that makes sense given that I couldn't run for part of June due to my back and for part of July due to being sick.  But I'm back in half marathon training so hopefully I can make up the extra miles by the end of the year.
2.  Train hard for speed - I think this has been going well.  I was close to hitting my pace goal in my June 10k (and did hit the goal if you consider the heat during the race) and I'm continuing to incorporate speed work into my training.
 
The Annapolis race is always beautiful

3. Read 6 non fiction books - This one is going pretty well too and I've already finished 5 of the 6.  I read Becoming by Michelle Obama, The Incomplete Book of Running by Peter Sagal, Factfulness:Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World - And Why Things Are Better Than You Think by Hans Rosling, Four Seasons in Rome by Anthony Doerr, and In Other Words by Jhumpa Lahiri. 
 
                                       Image result for jhumpa lahiri in other words
 
4.  Continue cooking at home.  This has been going well too.  It helps that I've been working on meal prep for the work day meals.  And with learning to cook vegan, the Washington Post had a great 12 weeks series of recipe ideas we've been using.  And occasional help from Sun Basket meal delivery kits as well.
Veggie Bibimbap from Sun Basket

So that's how my goals are going.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with progress at this point.  We'll see how the rest of the year goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment