Friday, January 3, 2020

2019 Goals Wrap Up

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's!  I can't believe it's already 2020.  Of course, the start of a new year is a good time to look back on the goals for the past year and work on setting goals for the coming year.  I figured I'd join Fairytales and Fitness for their Friday link up and talk about how my 2019 goals went.


1.  720 miles for the year.  This one did not work out.  I only got 562 miles for the year.  I knew I was behind by 20 miles at mid-year and that gap only grew due to the tendinitis in the Fall.  
2.  Train hard for speed - This is another one that was derailed by tendinitis.  I was happy with the way this goal was going up until then though.  I was close to hitting my pace goal in my June 10k in Annapolis (and did hit the goal if you consider the heat during the race).
 
The Annapolis race is always beautiful
3. Read 6 non fiction books - I actually ended up reading more than 6 this year.  I read Becoming by Michelle Obama, The Incomplete Book of Running by Peter Sagal, Factfulness:Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World - And Why Things Are Better Than You Think by Hans Rosling, Four Seasons in Rome by Anthony Doerr, In Other Words by Jhumpa Lahiri, and Bucket to Greece by V.D. Bucket.  The last one was actually three books, and it was an amusing memoir of a British couple that moved to a small town in Greece for retirement. 

                   Image result for Bucket Greece                  
 
4.  Continue cooking at home.  This went pretty well throughout the year.  It helped that we used the instant pot a lot, and worked on a couple simple recipes that we could make quickly on work days.  And lots of soups in Winter!  I was not good at documenting it, unfortunately.  I know there were some recipes that we really liked but I didn't save them anywhere and I'm not sure if Ill be able to find them again.
Veggie Bibimbap from Sun Basket
So overall, it's been a mixed bag for 2019 goals.  The running goals were not met but I knew that was going to happen once I started feeling that pain in my foot again.  And I knew it was better long term to rest until the pain went away so I'm ok with that.  Fingers crossed it's good for gone now and I can work on increasing distance again in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment