Friday, January 10, 2020

2020 Goals

The first full work week of 2020 is almost done!  It's seemed like a long week but I did take some time to think about my goals for 2020.  I'm joining Fairytales and Fitness for their Friday link up and talk about how my plans for 2020.




1. Half marathon - I haven't run a half since December of 2018, more than a year!  I want to get back to half marathon shape and run one this year.

 
Fun half in Baltimore in December 2018

2. More local races - I hardly did any races at all last year, to be honest.  I did the Disney Marathon in January and the 10k in Annapolis in June.  That was it.  And I think that was the right choice for me last year, but I know I've always enjoyed the race atmosphere.  I want to get back to doing more races this year.  And that doesn't mean spending a ton of money.  I have several low cost or free local races that I should take advantage of.

 
May 2018 was the last time I did a local race!

3. More blogging- Yikes!  Work has been pretty busy and for a lot of last year, I only had one blog post per week.  And that's just been my weekly review.  I want to get back to posting 2-3 times per week this year.

4. 6 non-fiction books - I've been doing this one a couple years in a row but I really like it so I'm keeping it for 2020.  It motivates me to read more non-fiction then I would otherwise read.  I'm currently working on reading Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking.

Image result for Quiet

5. Continue food prep and record recipes - I was pretty good about food prep toward the end of last year and I want to continue that this year.  I also want to make sure I start posting about recipes I like so that I can find them again in the future.  I would like to post a recipe to the blog at least once per month.

So those are my goals for 2020!  The start of a new year is always exciting and full of possibility, I hope to keep the motivation going throughout the year :)  I'd love to hear about any goals you have for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment