Friday, January 17, 2020

2020 Races

One of my goals for the year was to get back to doing more races, especially local and/or low cost races.  So I've begun researching for the first half of the year to get some races on my calendar. 

I'm joining Fairytales and Fitness for their Friday link up and talk about what I have so far!







January - 2020 Winter Hains Point 5k.  The first race will be next weekend!  It's a local 5k that was only $25.  It's in DC and down by the river so hopefully it will have some pretty scenery.  Mike and I are doing this one together since it is at the point in his training plan where he's gotten to 3 miles.

February - Kensington Park Run.  I've discovered that there's a park run really close to me!  So I'm planning to check them out some point in February.  It is a 5k every Saturday and it's free. 

March - Montgomery County Road Runner's Piece of Cake 5k - I did this one several years ago.  It's hilly and often rainy but it's  a fun race.  It's also the club's anniversary so there's always cake afterward :)  It's also free for club members.
 
 
From when I did this race back in 2015

April - Star Wars 5k and 10k at Disney World.  This is the big race Mike is training for!  This one, of course, is neither local or low cost but I'm sure it will be lots of fun.

I'm also doing a 10k for time in April, the Pike's Peek 10k.  I did this race a couple years ago but the course has changed a bit since then so I'm looking forward to it.  It's really close to my house so the logistics shouldn't be too bad, even though it's a point to point.  And they always have a fun after party with lots of food.
 
 
2015 is the last time I did this race too

May - Memorial 4 Miler - This is another road runner's race that's free to members.  It's also less than half a mile from my house.  I did it a couple years ago and just jogged over to the start as my warm up.  

June - Suds and Soles 5k - This is a local 5k that I haven't tried yet!  I've always been out of town this weekend for some reason but I should be in town this year.  This is an evening race and has lots of local craft breweries at the after party.  

So those are my race plans for the first half of the year!  I'd love to hear what you have coming up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment