Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Gratitude

I thought that this would be a good time to remind myself of all the things that I have to be grateful for, especially because it can be hard not to dwell on the negatives with all of the crazy things going on.

1.  Isolation with good people - We're all staying home much more recently.  It's been a week and a half since I've left the house for more than a walk or run.  But I'm happy that things have been going well in the house.  Mike is here, of course, and we have a friend who lives by herself who decided to stay with us for the duration as well.  We've all been getting along and enjoying the company.

And we have cats to keep us company!

2.  Savings - I'm glad that I have some savings and that we should be fine trying to get through 60 days where I'm only working 2 days per week.

3.  More time - Of course, only working 2 days per week means I'll have more time on my hand.  I'm trying to decide how I'll fill my time.  I don't want to spend the whole time napping or watching tv!  I'm planning to wake up at the normal time so I can stay in a routine.  So I'm thinking on non-work days I'll try to make sure I do one thing that's creative, one thing that needs worked on around the house, one physical activity, and one fun thing (video game, reading a book, a good movie, etc.).  And maybe also time to experiment with more involved meals.

Random meditative art project

4.  Technology and connecting with people:  I am so glad that if we have to stay at home, it's at a time when we have lots of options for ways to connect with people from a distance.  I've been having regular calls with family, virtual happy hours with friends, crafting sessions using Teams, and yoga using Zoom.  This has also helped with staying mentally healthy.


So those are the things on my list of things to be grateful for this week.  What's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment