Friday, March 27, 2020

Weekly food post

 Like I mentioned last week, I'm definitely cooking more since we're home all the time now.  So I though I'd share some of the things we've eaten this week :)  And I'm taking the opportunity to join up with Fairytales and Fitness for their Friday link up.

 

Just like last week, breakfasts were mainly oatmeal (with strawberries and blueberries).  Lunches were mostly hummus sandwiches or leftovers.  Here are a couple of the dinners we had.

Roasted Cauliflower and Sweet Potatoes with quinoa and a lemon tahini sauce.  This was surprisingly good for something so simple.  I also added olives, avocado and raw veggies as a topping.  I started with this recipe but adjusted for what we had around the house. 


We had pizza and salad night a couple times.  I wasn't sharing my pizza so I decided to try something a little weird.  I mixed some thai red curry paste with my pizza sauce, topped it with vegan mozzarella, mushrooms and onions.  And once it was out of the onion, I put some quick pickled vegetables on top.  It was surprisingly delicious!


We had planned burrito bowls again.  The same recipe as last time.  But for some reason, it was a failure this time.  I think our instant pot was the problem, it didn't come to pressure at all for some reason :(  We ended up ordering take out that night.  But we ended the week with an eggplant pasta that was surprisingly good, accompanied with garlic bread.  And the pasta was one pot, which is always a help with the dishes.


Most of these dinners were easy to cook and pretty inexpensive as well.  Which is definitely useful at a time like this.  I'd love to hear what you all have been eating and whether you found something surprisingly good!

No comments:

Post a Comment