Friday, April 3, 2020

Weekly Food

It's Friday, finally!  This week has felt like it's lasted forever. I'm keeping with the trend of recent Fridays and sharing what we've been eating this week.  I'm also joining up with Fairytales and Fitness for their Friday link up.

 

It's been another week of staying home for the most part.  I've only been out of the house once, in order to get allergy meds since that's become a necessity.   I've also been out for walks or runs in the neighborhood.  The lack of commuting time helps with time to cook :)

I baked a vegan banana bread over the weekend.  I added chocolate chips and it turned out delicious!  The weekend also included a fancy brunch that we made for ourselves, complete with mimosas.  We had also ordered delivery from Nando's to indulge with a meal we hadn't cooked ourselves.


For dinners, there was a chickpea and pasta dish that was super easy, pretty cheap, and had just a few ingredients.  I was surprised at how delicious it ended up being!


We also made a lentil and sweet potato chili in the slow cooker.  This also turned out delicious, and it was probably one of the last weeks that it won't be too warm to eat this type of food.


We also had some meals from a meal kit that the friend who's sheltering in place with us contributed.  We were able to add salads and stretch them from 3 meals to 2 meals pretty easily.  It included a pasta dish that I was able to use some leftover spinach in and burgers for the meat eaters (I have veggie burgers in the freezer for my part).

So that's it for this week!  I'd love to hear about any fun recipes you've used recently :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment