Friday, April 17, 2020

Weekly Food

It's Friday!  And that means time to share what we ate this week.  I forgot that it was Friday (because what is time any more) so I'm getting this up pretty late on Friday.  But it's still Friday so I'm also joining up with Fairytales and Fitness for their Friday link up.

 

I made cauliflower curry on the weekend and while not exactly like my mom's, it was pretty delicious.  Everyone in the house seemed to enjoy it.  We had it with naan for dinner and then I had leftovers with rice and yogurt for lunch. 


Monday we made another one pot pasta, and this one was really delicious!  It was also a big hit in the house, and we were happy to have leftovers the next day.  It had kale, butternut squash and white beans, so pretty good on the nutrition too.  We served it with roasted broccoli on the side.


Mid-week was just personal pizzas and salad.  Everyone topped their pizzas themselves so I had onions, peppers, olives and vegan cheese.


Today was veggie chili with lentils and black beans over potatoes.  It's been a bit colder this week so the hearty food really hit the spot.  I topped mine with a dollop of yogurt, chopped avocado and pickled jalapenos.


I was pretty happy with how the food turned out this week!  It wasn't too complicated but it was all tasty and fairly healthy.  And given that this was the 4th week of staying home and cooking more, I'm happy that we've been able to still keep things fresh and not get bored with our at home recipes.  But I do always look forward to the weekend when we get food from a local restaurant.  The break frmo cooking is nice as well.

How's your food at home been going?




No comments:

Post a Comment