Monday, April 13, 2020

Weekly Review

I hope that everyone had a good week!  It was a bit of a weird week for me.  It was the first week of my new three days of work per week schedule.  But I still had a big project that had to get out last week so it ended up being a lot of work.  I worked 12 hours the first two days.  And then worked a half day on Thursday and a half day on Friday to get everything done.  But hopefully this week will be a bit smoother now that the big project is done.

We also had some high wind days toward the end of the week that made it tougher to get out of the house.  And it turns out one of the trees in our yard is dead.  The top of it actually broke off and fell into the neighbor's yard.  Thankfully no one was hurt and it didn't hit her house or anything.  But that's something else to deal with this week.  And of course, the allergies continued to be an issue.

But here are the details of the week.

Monday - 3 mile run.  I also swept and mopped the hardwood the floors, took a short online art class through creative bug (we get a free subscription through our library), and played online cards with my dad.  Overall, a good day!


Tuesday - Rest day and a long work day.

Wednesday - Strength training and stretching with a Peleton app.  There was also an online 2000s music bingo thing I did with a friend that was a lot of fun.


Thursday - 2.5 mile run and a half day at work.  It was a hard day in spite of only being a half day of work so I skipped a virtual happy hour and instead read a fun book and listened to music in the evening.


Friday - Half day of work ending with a 30 minute dance party!  It was really windy still so I decided to do an indoor cardio workout instead of going for a run.  Mark Kanemura from So You Think You Can Dance fame has been doing dance parties at 5pm EST every day on Instagram so I decided to join in.  I even pulled out an old wig and my rainbow skirt and dressed up.  I think this is the first time since February that I had put in contacts or worn make up.


Saturday - Unplanned rest day.  This is when my allergies really started acting up.  The second week of it happening on the weekend, I'm not sure what's up with that. I also tried out House Party to play some games with my parents, it was a lot of fun and really easy to use.

Sunday - 20 minute walk and strength training.  I woke up with a sinus headache but it got a little better in the afternoon.  I also had a virtual crafting brunch with friends.  It was fun working on some sketching while catching up with people.  It was fun to see what everyone else was working on too.


Sadly, I didn't get any yoga in last week.  I'm hoping to get back to it this week.

I was up half the night coughing last night so it seems like this may not be an easier allergy week.  But we'll see what happens.  Here's the plan for the week.

Monday - 3 easy miles
Tuesday - Rest day
Wednesday - 3 easy miles
Thursday - Strength training
Friday - 3 easy miles
Saturday - Strength training
Sunday - 5 miles

I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!


 weekly Run Down

No comments:

Post a Comment