Friday, May 1, 2020

Weekly Food

Forgot it was Friday again but hey, I remembered before the end of the day!  That means it's still Friday and I'm joining up with Fairytales and Fitness for their Friday link up.



I only have two dinners to share this week.  I haven't made the third meal yet so I'll share that in next week's food post.  But the good news is that the two meals we made were super delicious!  Breakfasts have been oatmeal or avocado toast for me.  And lunch has been hummus sandwiches or sandwiches with chao vegan cheese.  This is my first time I'm trying chao and I'm amazed and how much they taste like cheese.

Our first dinner for the week was bbq tofu bowls.  This was sooo good!  We used this recipe from Pinch of Yum as the starting point.  And we used the honey mustard sauce they recommended.  The flavors all worked so well together!  We had rice, bbq tofu, roasted sweet potatoes, slaw, cucumbers, radishes and the honey mustard sauce.


The second meal of the week was somehow even more delicious!  It was polenta slices topped with spring vegetables.  I didn't really have a recipe for this, I just kind of made it up as I went along.  And I kind of regret that because I didn't write anything down and that means I probably won't be able to recreate it.  It was basically onions, peppers, radishes, green beans and mushrooms cooked in white wine and then I added the left over honey mustard sauce.  I added some fresh thyme at the end.  It's so simple but everyone ended up loving it.  We served it with a salad on the side.


So that was it for the week!  I hope you all had a week full of delicious meals too!

No comments:

Post a Comment