Friday, May 15, 2020

Weekly Food

It's finally Friday!  This is another week that seemed to drag and just take forever.  I hope everyone else had a good week!  And since it's Friday, I'm joining up with Fairytales and Fitness for their Friday link up.

 

I'm going to take this opportunity to talk about our weekly food again.  Thankfully, we didn't have any food fails this week :)   We continued our weekend brunch tradition on Sunday and since we had tomatoes that needed to be used up, we made a bravas sauce to go with the potatoes.  And Mike had made little mini biscuits we had frozen so we baked some up for this meal.  It was delicious!


And since we had bravas sauce left over, we used it for our Spring Vegetable Buddha Bowl the next day.  I mostly followed the recipe but just used the bravas sauce instead of the sauce in the recipe.


We kept the middle of the week easy with a couple nights of make your own pizza and salad.  I was trying to use up some random stuff so my pizza was vegan cheese, broccoli slaw, onion, jalapenos and avocado.  Sounds really strange but it ended up being pretty tasty.


And then it ended up being really warm today.  To celebrate the Summer  feel, we scrapped our plan for peanut stew and made a vegan nicoisse salad (chickpeas instead of tuna) instead.  This was pretty easy to throw together and really good.  We skipped the beets since we didn't have any but I think we pretty much followed the recipe for everything else.  I can see us making this several times over the Summer.


So those were our meals for the week.  It was all delicious and pretty easy for the most part.  I hope you all had some great meals too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment