Friday, May 8, 2020

Weekly food

I hope everyone had a good week!  I'm happy that it's finally Friday.  I don't know why but this week really seemed to drag for me.  And since it's Friday, I'm joining up with Fairytales and Fitness for their Friday link up.

 

I'm using this time to talk about food again.  Though we only had two dinners made at home this week given that we had a snafu with one of our planned meals. We had planned on eggplant parmesan at the beginning of the week but the grocery store was apparently out of eggplant.  So we didn't get any in our delivery.  Sadly, we didn't notice the eggplant was missing until right as we were about to make dinner.  So we ended up ordering from a local restaurant instead.

But the other meals we had this week were pretty delicious.  Mike grilled one day and they had steak while I had a beyond sausage.  We also grilled veggies in a foil packet and had corn with a lemon thyme butter to go along with it.  It was a delicious meal!  And I had the leftover beyond sausages for lunches throughout the week.


We also made another grain bowl.  This one was roasted sweet potatoes, chickpeas and kale with a tahini maple sauce.  I used this recipe from Mimimalist Baker as a starting point, served it over rice, and everyone seemed to love it.  This sauce is definitely a keeper.


I'm pretty happy with how food is going during the self isolation.  We've settled into a good routine of everyone on their own for breakfasts and lunches.  That generally means oatmeal and avocado toast for breakfast for me and hummus sandwiches for lunch.  And Sunday brunch of eggs and potatoes (which are an opportunity to use up any veggies that need used up), something Mike bakes, and mimosas. 


And we've still been finding interesting recipes to try out for dinners so we haven't gotten bored yet.  And given that it's been almost two months, I'm pretty happy with that!  I definitely think we're going to be able to keep up with more dinners at home even after all of this is over, which is a positive. 

I'd love to hear of any changes you've made recently that you think you'll be keeping!


No comments:

Post a Comment