Friday, June 12, 2020

Weekly Food

Yay, it's finally Friday!  This week went by pretty fast since it was a busy one at work.  And I'm still just working three days per week so it was tough to get it all in.  But thankfully it's the weekend now.  I hope everyone else had a good week!  And since it's Friday, I'm joining up with Fairytales and Fitness for their Friday link up and continue my trend of sharing the food we ate this week.




I made tofu chorizo, and it was amazing!  I am definitely doing this again.  It didn't take long at all and the spices were things I tend to have on hand anyway.  It can be kept in the freezer for a couple months, which is another advantage.  We made these sandwiches with it.  The sandwiches were good but a lot of work.  I probably won't make these sandwiches again just because of the amount of work. Sadly, it looks like I somehow forgot to take a photo.  But trust me, the tofu chorizo is going to be a hit.

We had gotten some really delicious bagels and cream cheese so we went with bagel sandwiches for our Sunday brunch.


And my birthday was this week!  So Mike made me a delicious honey yogurt cake.  It was flavored with lemon and thyme and so delicious.  It wasn't overly sweet, which is how I like my desserts.


He also made me homemade naan.  I made a chickpea curry to pair it with and it was amazing!


Tuesday was my actual birthday so we got take out tacos and margaritas.  They were the perfect way to celebrate my birthday :)  The veggie option was sweet potato and brussel sprout tacos and they were so good!


We also had burrito bowls later in the week.  We made some rice and used up the left over tofu chorizo as well as the leftover toppings from the tacos.  It all went together surprisingly well and made for another delicious dinner.


So that was our food for the week.  It turned out to be a great week full of delicious food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment