Monday, June 22, 2020

Weekly Review

I missed everyone last week!  I ended up taking another break because it just ended up being a busy work week.  I'm still working three days per week but trying to stuff the same amount of work into those three days as when I was working 5 days per week.  I hope you're all doing well!  I did get some work outs in and I did my shoulder PT every day.  I also have been continuing the 30 day plank challenge I'm doing with a friend.  We're up to 2 minutes.  Here's what I got last week.

Monday - 30 minute peloton power walk plus a 15 minute cool down.


Tuesday - 50 minute walk listening to a new audio book.



Wednesday - Rest day

Thursday - Lower body strength training

Friday - Rest day

Saturday - Peloton strength training plus stretching


Sunday - 30 minute walk in the evening.


I also cut my hair last week!  The shoulder is limiting my motion that I can't easily reach the back or top of my head.  That was making it difficult to put my hair into a ponytail.  So I just ended up getting it cut.  My salon is taking everything very safely as far as public health and I felt safe there.  They did temperature checks before people entered, everyone wore masks, and they had drastically lower capacity.  No one was allowed to wait in the lobby and they texted you to come in when they were ready for you to go straight back.  A friend had a virtual party Saturday so I also had a chance to put on some makeup and get dolled up.


In wildlife excitement for the week, we actually saw two foxes in our backyard one morning.


We also took advantage of our backyard and had a friend come visit on Saturday and another friend on Sunday.  We have  a big enough patio that we were able to stay on one side and we stayed on the other and we had more than 6 feet between us the whole time.  It was weird to not hug but it was great to be able to see them in person again!  They both brought their dogs and the dogs seemed really happy for the extra socializing as well.



So that was my week.  My shoulder continues to be an issue and when I met with the physical therapist this morning (virtually, of course), she indicated it would take at least several more months to get back to normal.  My knee is at least fine now given the break from running.  I can't put any of my sports bras on at the moment because of my shoulder.  I ordered some more that open in the back and they should be here this week.  So hopefully I'll be able to try running again once they come in.

 I'm linking up with Deborah and Kim for the Weekly Rundown!


 weekly Run Down







No comments:

Post a Comment